Last night in Rio, Brazil was a night where the Brazilians dominated. From the under card to the main card, each Brazilian won in spectacular fashion. Among the winners were Gabriel Gonzaga, Thiago Tavares, Edson Barboza, Carlo Prater( Erick Silva was disqualified), Rousimar Palhares, Vitor Belfort, and Jose Aldo. All of these fighters were Brazilian, which only created an uproar in the crowd when each fighter won.
- Gonzaga got back to his roots using his jiu jitsu to win a submission in the first round. He now becomes releveant again after a year sidelined while he was considering retirement.
- Edson Barboza had one of the most impressive knockouts to ever be witnessed in the UFC with his spinning back head kick, which left Terry Etim unconscious before he even hit the mat.
- Rousimar Palhares displays why he is one of the most dangerous leg lock specialist in the game when he submitted Mike Massenzio with relative ease. Chalk another leg lock up for Palhares and he did it without even breaking a sweat.
- Vitor Belfort showed his experience and athleticism as he survived the early barrage of Anthony Johnson submitting him in the first round after Johnson tired himself out.
- Jose Aldo displayed another incredible knockout over Chad Mendes, which was a knee straight to the chin leaving Mendes stunned. He would then later rush into the crowd almost starting a riot. This sealed his legacy as being the best featherweight fighter right now and maybe top 2 pound for pound fighter in the world.